UserPost

7:14 am
February 21, 2011

coolgame17

La Sarre, Quebec

It's CoolGame!
It's CoolGame!

posts 917

Greeting, one day I will have a serious choice to make because, unfortunately, I do only have a Wii and DSi in terms of console. I also own a PC, but it's not very popular here, so I'll probably choose to see a HD console, unless the PS4 and xbox720 will eventually be announced during the summer.

So what do you think I should choose and why?!?

Raptr Forum Signature

7:26 am
February 21, 2011

Nimbo

One-trick pony
One-trick pony

posts 1824

it depends a little on what games you like, i mean, the xbox has a solid game library of shooters and the rare RPGs and graphics is a tiny step below the ps3. That doesnt change that it is my favourite console because of how easy it is to manage parties and voice chat and send messages, i think that the online community is so much better for the xbox then the ps3.

The ps3 has its strong points, it is a beast when it comes to HD and graphics but it has a small library(which contains a lot of exclusive titles.)

I cant really tell you what to get. Only that i had both consoles and i sold my ps3 because it didnt have any appeal at all as i spent much more time on the xbox playing with people online.

Blah, blah, blah… now go get some pussy.

8:05 am
February 21, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

I'd say the PS3 is much better..

She's trouble in a tank top. Pretty little time bomb blowing up..

8:11 am
February 21, 2011

coolgame17

La Sarre, Quebec

It's CoolGame!
It's CoolGame!

posts 917

prinseschida said:

Okay, but I'm not at all persuaded of that affirmation. Can you introduce me your arguments? Confused

Raptr Forum Signature

9:31 am
February 21, 2011

Nimbo

One-trick pony
One-trick pony

posts 1824

What do you look for in a console, coolgame? Do you want to play with friends and talk with them?

9:38 am
February 21, 2011

coolgame17

La Sarre, Quebec

It's CoolGame!
It's CoolGame!

posts 917

Nimbo said:

What do you look for in a console, coolgame? Do you want to play with friends and talk with them?

This is indeed the reason, but I would not want this to be the only reason so far. I'm also looking for a console gamers 1990s. I just think the Xbox360, but I'm not decided to buy it so far and is not to mention the eye that kills.

Raptr Forum Signature

9:40 am
February 21, 2011

Nimbo

One-trick pony
One-trick pony

posts 1824

I had my xbox for 3 years before i got the red ring of death. I think that is a decent life for a console. I dont think that you should worry about it too much, and you get a warranty for your xbox so if it does happen you can ship it off to repair for free within the first 2 years, i think.

10:47 am
February 21, 2011

faith_in_buffy

Delta Quadrant

Commander
Commander

posts 86

I have a ps3 and an xbox360 and I think they are both great. For graphics I'd say there isn't much difference, ps3 is probably slightly better. I personally like more of the ps3 exclusives: Metal Gear Solid 4, Heavenly Sword, Heavy Rain, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted. But xbox360 has Mass Effect which I really love and I downloaded Jade Empire because I never had the original xbox. If you like shooters xbox has Halo and Left 4 Dead (I couldn't get into either). The xbox360 is backwards compatible but the ps3 isn't. The ps3 plays blu-rays so you don't need to change disks half way through a game. The xbox is cheaper but you have to pay to play online. I've got a slim xbox and I still find it to be louder than the ps3, but if you install the games it gets much quieter. The ps3 takes ages to do updates while the xbox is quick (if I buy an old game on ps3 I make sure the put it in to update before I actually want to play it because I know the update will be epic). The xbox has kinect and the ps3 has move (I don't have either so I couldn't say which is best).

I would probably say I like my ps3 best but mainly because I've had it longer and I had a ps2 before it and a psone before that. My other reason is the exclusives mgs4 was one of the reasons I bought the ps3. But then I bought the xbox360 because I wanted Mass Effect. They are both great consoles and most games come out for both so you can't really go wrong. 

11:38 am
February 21, 2011

coolgame17

La Sarre, Quebec

It's CoolGame!
It's CoolGame!

posts 917

@Faith_in_Buffy: I think you convinced me to take seriously the PS3 (for now). The reasons for this are that the Xbox 360 costs enough to just play Online and the fact that I have a PC that makes the console loses its originality (I own the game Left4Dead and have the possibility of have Jade Empire), so that's it. :)

Raptr Forum Signature

11:54 am
February 21, 2011

Babycha

Planet Babycha

This is Bozo
This is Bozo

posts 1478

You should seriously research xbox live. Sure it costs a fee, but it's more than worth it if you're looking to play online with people.

5:50 pm
February 21, 2011

alligatoring

MasterChief
MasterChief

posts 251

Someone summed this up argument up quite nicely, if you want gaming graphics go with the PS3 if you want the online community and multiplayer go with the xbox 360. It all depends why you want it and what you want your gaming experience to be like.

Sure XBL costs money but it's worth it, and at full price it's only 5$ CAD a month. And if you get an xbox you get 3 free 1-month trials of XBL to boot :P They constantly have deals and such to get it for 15$ lower, and if you're lucky (US people boo!) you can snag a year for 30$ Also if you have a decent PC and Kinect you can use it to play any PC games you want.

Either way you can't go wrong, it really comes down to what you're looking for in a console. Mirror's Edge and Mass Effect 2 are on both anyways so Cool

7 maids a milking, 6 maids a milking, fiiiiiiiiive maids a milking!

7:04 pm
February 21, 2011

lovesNella

Yuri Tengoku

Queen of Trysts
Queen of Trysts

posts 387

I own a ps3, but i have to admit sometimes i look over longingly at xbox360 owners. Great games like Gears of War, Halo, (proper) Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive (with all those beauties), then i start musing.

In my experience, the xbox360 controller is better for shooters, much better. Plus, the exclusives that made the ps2 what it is are no longer exclusive. To count ps3 exclusives while a worthwhile exercise, may not really hold given the price difference between both consoles. God of War infamous killzone, resistance, Ratchet and clank, Uncharted MGS4 Of which the next MGS ISNT exclusive. so it's kind of a matter of time.

Like now, for example, Activision signed a deal with microsoft that makes them publish DLCs first on the Xbox b4 PC or PS3.i don't know what that's all about but…

Xbox has more titles I think, there are more xbox users. more social connectivity.

I'm pro ps3 for life; maybe it's sentiment; maybe it's principle. In the end it all boils down to you.

I say go for what your heart tells you

Shiritai no da… watashi to omae shinni tsuyoi no wa dochi ga ka….
Sore wo shiru tame naraba yorokonde omae to yaiba wo machie yo

8:59 pm
February 21, 2011

lovesNella

Yuri Tengoku

Queen of Trysts
Queen of Trysts

posts 387

Post edited 11:02 am – February 21, 2011 by lovesNella

…in the end i think it's a more philosophical question.

Ask yourself:

would you rather have a Mercedes e350 or a BMW 5 series

Ferrari or Lamborghini

Maybach or Rolls-Royce Phantom. (i'm not likening either console to either option)

I think answering these questions will put you on the right path.Wink

10:22 pm
February 21, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

coolgame17 said:

prinseschida said:

Okay, but I'm not at all persuaded of that affirmation. Can you introduce me your arguments? Confused

coolgame17 said:

prinseschida said:

Well games that only come out for the PS3 have much better graphics and the XBOX makes more noise.

But that's my oppinion, after all it's what you prefer..

You should google it, they give u reasons to buy the ps3 and reasons to buy the XBOX i've always been more of a playstation girl so that's probably why i choose the PS3 after the PS2..

10:25 pm
February 21, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

lovesNella said:

I own a ps3, but i have to admit sometimes i look over longingly at xbox360 owners. Great games like Gears of War, Halo, (proper) Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive (with all those beauties), then i start musing.

In my experience, the xbox360 controller is better for shooters, much better. Plus, the exclusives that made the ps2 what it is are no longer exclusive. To count ps3 exclusives while a worthwhile exercise, may not really hold given the price difference between both consoles. God of War infamous killzone, resistance, Ratchet and clank, Uncharted MGS4 Of which the next MGS ISNT exclusive. so it's kind of a matter of time.

Like now, for example, Activision signed a deal with microsoft that makes them publish DLCs first on the Xbox b4 PC or PS3.i don't know what that's all about but…

Xbox has more titles I think, there are more xbox users. more social connectivity.

I'm pro ps3 for life; maybe it's sentiment; maybe it's principle. In the end it all boils down to you.

I say go for what your heart tells you

That's bull.. Actually i saw on the news in the Netherlands that the Wii is the most popular game console..

10:27 pm
February 21, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

Babycha said:

You should seriously research xbox live. Sure it costs a fee, but it's more than worth it if you're looking to play online with people.

Well im playing multiplayer online also on PS3…?

11:35 pm
February 21, 2011

Nimbo

One-trick pony
One-trick pony

posts 1824

prinseschida said:

yeah, but the layout is horrid, there is no real party option to chat with your friends and i think that socially the xbox caters more to the online community. There is a playstation plus but you also have to pay a fee there, not really that different from xbl in that aspect.

11:39 pm
February 21, 2011

Babycha

Planet Babycha

This is Bozo
This is Bozo

posts 1478

prinseschida said:

Babycha said:

Well I don't know, are you? I never implied that you couldn't, but xbox live is the better online community hands down. That is why I suggested that he do some research. Ps3 has shiny graphics, 360 has an  outstanding online aspect.

11:49 pm
February 21, 2011

lovesNella

Yuri Tengoku

Queen of Trysts
Queen of Trysts

posts 387

Post edited 1:54 pm – February 21, 2011 by lovesNella

prinseschida said:

That's bull.. Actually i saw on the news in the Netherlands that the Wii is the most popular game console..

I'm talking in comaprison to the Ps3, yeah? I'm talking registered Online users. XboxLive, PSN, all that. What's the name of the Nintendo's online place again…? Thought so.

While Wii is the most "popular" console of this generation, with it's family friendly titles and weight losing games, allowing the console to ship over a 100million units, the title of the thread is PS3 or XboX 360. Serious developers EA, Activision, Take2, spend tens of millions just to get a game out on proper consoles… hence the dilemma, PS3 or Xbox360.

Take a chill pill. and read between the lines.

PS. Welcome to the forum.

1:30 am
February 22, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

ilovesNella said:

prinseschida said:

I'm talking in comaprison to the Ps3, yeah? I'm talking registered Online users. XboxLive, PSN, all that. What's the name of the Nintendo's online place again…? Thought so.

While Wii is the most "popular" console of this generation, with it's family friendly titles and weight losing games, allowing the console to ship over a 100million units, the title of the thread is PS3 or XboX 360. Serious developers EA, Activision, Take2, spend tens of millions just to get a game out on proper consoles… hence the dilemma, PS3 or Xbox360.

Take a chill pill. and read between the lines.

PS. Welcome to the forum.

I'm chill, it wasn ment in a mean way or something ;)

No hard feelings ;)

PS. Thank you ;)

1:32 am
February 22, 2011

lovesNella

Yuri Tengoku

Queen of Trysts
Queen of Trysts

posts 387

'course, dearie. which would you pick though?

1:49 am
February 22, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

lovesNella said:

'course, dearie. which would you pick though?

Me? Pick what? Lol i'm confused sorry..

My first language isn't English but i'm tryin my best! :)

5:26 am
February 22, 2011

Guardian304

NY/PA

Captain
Captain

posts 161

@coolgame17 – I guess I'll throw in my 2 cents here. I've had my PS3 for about 3 years now and I've only had my Xbox 360 for about 10 months. If I had to suggest one system over the other I think I'd actually have to go with the Xbox 360 (this really hurts to say since I am a huge Sony fangirl). The reason I would say 360 over PS3 is because:

1. You'll have a larger library of games that you will have access to (a lot of amazing titles for very reasonable prices)

2. With the 360 you don't need tons of space on your hard drive because the games take up barely any space (a number of titles for the PS3 have to download to the system so they play smoothly and that can take up anywhere between 2-5 GBs of space)

Note:The only reason to get a bigger hard drive on a 360 is if you want to get your hands on lots of DLC

3. Xbox 360 has decent backwards compatability…you can't necessarily play all of the original Xbox titles but there are a lot of them that are supported by the system. Earlier PS3s were backwards compatible but they are very hard to find now so most systems are limited to playing only PS3 discs

4. I've found that the graphics of PS3s and 360s are pretty equal. Certain games look better on a 360 and other games look better on a PS3, but they are fairly equal

5. Used 360 consoles are cheaper than PS3 used consoles (I bought both my consoles used and haven't had any problems with either of them

If you could get your hands on a backwards compatible PS3 I would change my argument. I think the backwards compatible PS3s are superior to Xbox 360s, but again, the systems are extremely hard to find since they were only manufactured for a short time. Make sure you also check out which games are exclusive releases for each system…I personally prefer the 360 exclusive titles to the PS3 ones for the most part, but you may feel differently.

Good luck in choosing a system, coolgame! Basically, both are amazing and I'm sure you'll love whatever you get!

I am serious…and don't call me Shirley.

7:23 am
February 22, 2011

faith_in_buffy

Delta Quadrant

Commander
Commander

posts 86

@Gaurdian304 about you're 2nd point, I've had my xbox360 for about 6 months and I've alread used about 100gb of space. With the ps3 I have to install games but with the xbox I want to because otherwise the console sounds like its going to take off. Most brand new ps3 and xbox360 consoles come with big hard drives anyway. The old consoles are known for being unreliable, my 80gb ps3 had yellow light of death.

The ps3 can be annoying for playing online, I could never find someone to play army of two with but I always found cod4 and uncharted 2 okay. The thing that bugs me about xbox is that microsoft always seems to be wanting extra money from me. I have to pay to play online, my controllers aren't rechargeable (well screw you microsoft I didn't buy the official play and charge kit) and the old consoles didn't come with wireless. I love my 360 but I still don't like microsoft. 

7:54 am
February 22, 2011

Guardian304

NY/PA

Captain
Captain

posts 161

@faith_in_buffy – My main point is with the 360 you don't have to install games like you do on the PS3. I've only used up 2 GB of space in the 9 months I've had mine. I used up nearly all of the 60 GB of space on my PS3 within 2 months of getting it. Having to clean off the hard drive all the time is annoying, though I know the newer PS3s have much bigger hard drives. I'm all for having extra hard drive space I just don't think it's nearly as necessary with a 360 as it is with a PS3. Just my opinion from my own experience.

As for old PS3 consoles being unreliable…that's news to me. I bought my backwards compatible PS3 in April of 2008 and the guy I bought it from had gotten it in early 2007. I haven't had a single problem with it. Two of my close friends have PS3s that are almost nearly as old and have also had no problems.

When it comes to online play I can't comment on either system because I don't play online at all. I completely agree with you about Microsoft always wanting money and I don't care for them either. I wish Mac made some kind of gaming system.

8:46 am
February 22, 2011

faith_in_buffy

Delta Quadrant

Commander
Commander

posts 86

@Gaurdian304 you've only used 2gb in 9 months? Jeez what must I have been doing to use up so much. I guess I have downloaded some games and installed quite a few games (final fantasy xiii alone is 3 disks to install). I suppose you can get away with less memory on the 360 if you're willing to put up with the console being loud and having longer load times. Downloading games is becoming more popular so consoles are needing bigger hard drives. Developers want to enchourage us to download games because then you can't sell them on once you're finished.

The old xbox360 is worse but a lot of ps3 get the yellow light of death and it tends to be after a year. Mine died after about 3 years which sucks considering my ps2 is still going after 9 years. Apparently the solder in the old style ps3 has a tendancy to crack after a few years of use. When I had to replace my ps3 I got a slim one, I didn't fancy risking the yellow light of death again (once bitten).

10:01 am
February 22, 2011

Guardian304

NY/PA

Captain
Captain

posts 161

@faith_in_buffy – Haha, no I completely understand using up that much space on a 360. I haven't done much in the way of downloading because I'm pretty sure if I start I won't be able to stop. I have debated installing a couple games but I've just gotten used to the console being loud…my PS3 can be get really loud, as well. At some point I'm sure I'll upgrade to a bigger hard drive for my 360 or just buy one of the new consoles. For now I have no complaints about my 20 GB system.

Hmm, I had actually never heard about the PS3 yellow light. Good to know about though. I guess my friends and I have just been lucky. I will probably cry my eyes out the day my PS3 dies just because I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get my hands on another one that is backwards compatible.

6:01 pm
February 22, 2011

lovesNella

Yuri Tengoku

Queen of Trysts
Queen of Trysts

posts 387

prinseschida said:

which do you suggest? prefer?

I prefer the ps3 and therefore suggest it.

6:05 pm
February 22, 2011

lovesNella

Yuri Tengoku

Queen of Trysts
Queen of Trysts

posts 387

Guardian304 said:

@faith_in_buffy – Haha, no I completely understand using up that much space on a 360. I haven't done much in the way of downloading because I'm pretty sure if I start I won't be able to stop. I have debated installing a couple games but I've just gotten used to the console being loud…my PS3 can be get really loud, as well. At some point I'm sure I'll upgrade to a bigger hard drive for my 360 or just buy one of the new consoles. For now I have no complaints about my 20 GB system.

Hmm, I had actually never heard about the PS3 yellow light. Good to know about though. I guess my friends and I have just been lucky. I will probably cry my eyes out the day my PS3 dies just because I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get my hands on another one that is backwards compatible.

Yours is backwards compatible? you're so lucky…

Mine is the slim. I hate that there are so many versions of the ps3 and only like 2 or 3 are backwards compatible.

Back with the ps2 you could just buy, plug and play. no versions or nothing, at least not to my knowledge.

This generation, despite its awesomeness, lacks something

10:02 pm
February 22, 2011

prinseschida

netherlands

Commander
Commander

posts 64

Post edited 12:03 pm – February 22, 2011 by prinseschida

lovesNella said:

prinseschida said:

which do you suggest? prefer?

I prefer the ps3 and therefore suggest it.

Yea me 2, i've always liked Playstation better :)

About the Lesbian Gamers – For Gay Girls Who Game – News and Reviews from a Gay / LGBT Gamer perspective forum

Forum Timezone: Australia/Brisbane

Most Users Ever Online: 210

Currently Online:
24 Guests

Currently Browsing this Topic:
1 Guest

Forum Stats:

Groups: 4
Forums: 13
Topics: 7419

Membership:

There are 40745 Members
There have been 3 Guests

There is 1 Admin

Top Posters:

Nimbo – 1824
Babycha – 1478
coolgame17 – 917
LightFang – 774
Miranda – 713
Duran – 509

Recent New Members: villette, orynso71, zixinnankong55, ayuanhaohai, jorgeyey, yaoming989

Administrators: admin (64 Posts)