At female gaming site ThumbBandits they kind of groan when it comes to reporting on “women’s / girls games” because they don’t believe there is such a thing, only that marketing and companies of little depth will spew those sorts of titles out looking for the uninformed female gamer to make the purchase. Still that didn’t stop them looking at “Deepak Chopra’s Leela” a game that sounds liek it slots nicely into the female gamer marketing niche. Let’s take a very brief look at Deepak Chopra’s new game, yeah THAT Deepak Chopra, the guru who doesn’t mind lending his name to anything, so long as there’s cash attached. “Deepak Chopra’s Leela” for the Wii and Xbox 360 is detailed below.
Deepak Chopra, MD world renowned expert on mind-body healing and bestselling author, collaborates with THQ on a unique interactive experience inspired by the ancient system of chakras – the body’s seven energy centers through which the life force flows – and invites players to achieve a peaceful and focused “flow state.”
Leela is Sanskrit for “pastime”, “sport” or “play”. Deepak Chopra’s Leela is a ground-breaking journey of mind and body that combines ancient relaxation and meditation techniques with the seamless technology of Wii. Leela uniquely combines physical activity and meditation to create a fully immersive experience infused with stunning landscapes and captivating sound-scapes to help instill a sense of focus and rejuvenation.
• Groundbreaking. Deepak Chopra’s Leela uniquely combines physical activity and meditation to create a fully immersive experience using game consoles.
• Controller-free. On Kinect, Leela allows players to utilize full-body gestures to relax the entire body.
• Chakra-based meditation. Through seven movements, users can focus their attention on specific parts of their bodies to relax and develop a “flow state.”
• Stillness in motion. In the “Stillness Meditation” tradition, the Kinect measures players’ breathing and provides gentle feedback and encouragement.
• Connected. On Kinect, users can create a personal mandala (an artistic expression of an individual’s essence and focal point for meditation) and share it on Facebook.
• Personal. Deepak Chopra’s Leela utilizes the player’s own abilities to help cultivate a healthier, harmonious and more balanced life.