The Game of Life – Gay marriage and babies upset Christian mom

The Game of Life is a popular board game that made its way to the Wii platform some time ago. Why it’s of interest to us here at Lesbian Gamers is because of a recent news post at QJ.net. According to the post, the mother of a 6 year old girl was playing the game with her daughter when she noticed you could have a woman marry a woman.

The woman in question allegedly was so appalled this had occurred in front of her impressionable child she took her anger to a Christian website. The woman stated “You know how kids are, my daughter noticed right away (even before I did) and clicked on one of the girls instead of one of the men and then asked, “Mom, how come I can marry a woman?” And then that led into a lot more questions that, quite frankly, I was not ready to talk to my 6-year-old about.”

The woman then went on to state “I had no idea how insidious they were being with pushing the homosexual agenda.” Now you know, when someone says anything about this “homosexual agenda” I get a little irked… would that be the agenda where all people are equal? The agenda where human rights actually matter? The agenda where if you’re a good person that’s all that matters? Honestly if there is a “homosexual agenda” I must not have got that big gay pamphlet telling me what my uniform is and how I should insidiously go about ‘turning’ people queer! Dammit I want my toaster oven! Puhlease.

At least the gaming site this hit had a writer – Glenn M – that dealt with it in a non sensationalized manner, even making some good points, but the overall story is just annoying isn’t it? Since when did shielding your kids from the real world become a ‘good’ thing to do? I mean you don’t have to go into detail with a 6 year old, there are ways to handle that question. *sigh*

Via [QJ]
Thanks Jess!

6 Responses to “The Game of Life – Gay marriage and babies upset Christian mom”

1. Highmax says:

i’ve always wondered why is it with some parents the reason for their being upset is that they couldn’t explain it to their child or are not ready to explain whatever it is they find offensive. “this offends me greatly! how am i suppose to explain this to my child? my child is asking me all kinds of questions and i cannot or am not prepared to answer them” blah blah blah, please, that is not a good enough excuse.

Her complaint is rediculous, what is truely upsetting about the game of Life is that it exposes children to the existance of Automobiles! Now how will I explain to my daughter why we always have to ride horses everywhere?

3. Angi says:

A silly complaint. It’s not that offensive, and that she has to explain why some women marry other women? God, heavens no!

4. Cullen says:

I think her secret problem with it is that she has to try and explain why she thinks it’s wrong. :-P

5. Flor says:

I always had two pink people in the car in the actual board game…even in front of all my family.
    It’s about choice. The girl likely picked up on the option because she wanted to consider it! And what’s wrong with that?

6. Liz says:

Sounds to me like this lady has NO clue how to deal with real ‘Life’.
    Maybe she should pick up a good game of ‘Life: the one that only exists in my head’