Warhammer lesbian flirtation

It’s not often game trailers include flirtatious lesbianism directly, so imagine our surprise when we were told all about the Warhammer Online latest trailer.

Not only does the trailer show some totally kick-ass playable female characters, but it also shows some girl-on-girl flirtation that doesn’t appear to be there purely to satisfy the male gaze. Whatever the ‘magic’ is that portrays lesbian themed content as not just a form of titillation for men, this trailer has it.

Thanks Harpy – Trailer below.

9 Responses to “Warhammer lesbian flirtation”

1. Eden Hummel says:

Personaly, i think that Dark Elder was just taunting that elf. In a, “Im going to love killing you slowly next time we meet.” kind of way. But then agean, i could be wrong (developers have pulled the rug under gamers feat before.)

2. Pescean says:

I agree with Eden, simple taunting. The trailer was awesome, nevertheless.

3. LesbianGamers says:

Just to clarify, since there seems to be a bit of confusion, we are not suggesting these two ARE lesbians, or together. Obviously the darker character is taunting the other and may well have killed her had the horns not sounded.
    What is interesting to us here at the LG is the way the hint of lesbian flirtation is used in context, with no apparent ulterior motive other than the conjunctive nature of the flirtation itself.

4. Cullen says:

heh… in my opinion you never know /what/ a dark elf is going to do as far as that goes. they are pretty unstable. i wouldn’t put it past one to take a short break to play with a high elf toy before getting back to business. :-)

5. Eden says:

@ Cullen
    Very well said. That was a nice clip, I can’t believe I never saw it before. They are a sexy couple, new tryst anyone? ;-P

6. Fhilkur says:

It looked to me like the Dark Elf Sorceress would have relished a taste of the archer.
    The fair-haired warrioress, on the other hand, seemed a bit too business-like to be having experimental trysts with the enemy.
    But they did look really hot together.

7. Nubia says:

I’m recommending you as part of BlogDay 2008. Congratulations.
    Nubia.-

8. blammer says:

Too hot, I replayed that portion over and over again.

9. CrimsonJupiter says:

Very cool trailer !!
    Sadly however the in-game characters look very bad imho and have nothing in common with the quality of the rendered ones :(
    I also think the content of the trailer is random like MMORPG trailers ususally are because they don’t tell a story. I would be very surprised to see lesbian content in a warhammer game, because that’s the least of all game universes where i would expect this.