Violin Hero game – Classical music hits gaming

Violin Hero has been revealed as the newest music title by Activision. Ima Notarealdev from Neversoft’s Ukraine studios, stated in a recent press release:

"Gaming as an art form is an ongoing discourse and one we enter into tentatively with ‘Violin Hero’, a game that will see the parents of young talented actual violin players everywhere go apeshit like this game is worse than GTA IV and The Yorkshire Ripper combined. At least we’re hoping so because we’d like the free publicity".

Violin Hero will come with a violin peripheral in a variety of colors including the standard white for those that like things to match their Apple products, black for the hard rocking violin types and of course pink for the female gamers, all of whom love pink peripherals and wouldn’t game without them… really! Image after the jumperoo.

Violin Hero by Neversoft

Who says classical music is only for the upper classes and cute, talented Asian kids.

Now you too can be a Violin Hero!

Alright so this is ‘spurous news’, we just can’t help thinking this is a cute idea. I mean seriously who hasn’t watched a Vanessa Mae video and thought, man that rocks harder than Clapton!

11 Responses to “Violin Hero game – Classical music hits gaming”

That’s weird I hadn’t heard of her before. Between her and Yo Yo Ma and others (including a HUGE selection of classical choices) it actually could work.
    Also, Slack-Key Guitar hero. That would be pretty neat.

2. comicgirl says:

i am terrible at Guitar Hero but this looks really neat. the violin itself looks great, very stylish. love the Vanessa Mae comment too, she does rock!
    i do like how next gen consoles seem to be thinking of new and creative ways to game. truly original ideas are hard to come by and the idea of playing a violin is very different. let’s hope the next move is a Keytar and that they really do make violin hero at some point!

3. Megruder says:

As someone whose profession is to market the Arts, I LOVE THIS!!!! I’m not sure how well this is actually going to crossover to the mass market, but anything that brings the Arts (in this case classical music) to the masses rates extremely high for me.
    I’m still trying to figure out how to bring the theatre arts to gamers.

4. Megruder says:

I’m still trying to figure out how to bring the theatre arts to gamers.

@Meg:
    Ballet for the Wii.

6. spotticus says:

Awesome! Now y’all just have to develop Bluegrass Band to rival Rock Band. A fiddle, a banjo, a mandolin and maybe a saw as peripherals. Yee haw! Also, that vid was pretty cool. But imagine a kung fu bluegrass dance off. Can’t imagine it. OK, here it is.

7. @ Spotticus
    That is one of the strangest things I have ever seen. Thanks for making a working day seem a little brighter xx

8. spotticus says:

@ LesbianGamers
    Glad you found it amusing. ; ) I definitely think it is one of the most bizarre music vids ever.

9. Mobius says:

Woah I hadn’t heard anything about Violin Hero until now….

10. afro ninja says:

were can i buy this ive looked every where

11. dsfsdgf says:

i really really want this game…i play violin and just last week was in a quartet with 5 violins and 1 cello….it was so much fun